Fixed Indexed Annuities
When planning for retirement, it’s important to know all your options so you can prepare when you want to retire with the income level you desire. Many people fail to investigate all of their options either with a financial planner or by themselves, instead relying solely on employer-based retirement savings plans. EMS Financial in Fairfax offers retirement planning that is personalized to your needs and that explores all of your available options. When you sit down with one of our financial planners for a free consultation, we’ll review your current retirement investment portfolio and then offer financial advice based on your retirement goals. Below, we’ll explore in brief what a fixed indexed annuity is and how you can use it in your investment retirement goals. Contact us today to learn more!
WHAT’S A FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY?
A fixed indexed annuity is an investment product offered by life insurance companies that protects your investment. Specifically designed for long-term retirement savings, a fixed indexed annuity has a growth rate that is tied to a bench-marked stock market index, rather than an interest rate, which offers greater potential for growth accumulation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY?
- Earnings grow on a tax-deferred basis, which means you pay no income tax on the money earned until you withdraw the money.
- Your premium and earnings are guaranteed by the insurance company.
- Fixed indexed annuities are tied to strategy accounts, where the rate is dependent upon which you choose, most involving either high risk or low risk.
- Fixed indexed annuities can be flexible premium annuities, meaning they accept multiple deposits over time.
- Fixed indexed annuities offer a right to examine period or a free look period in which you can cancel if you change your mind.
- Fixed indexed annuities are not part of probate, meaning your beneficiaries are paid out promptly upon your death with no waiting period.
- Fixed indexed annuities can be converted to a lifetime income stream.
Fixed indexed annuities are versatile retirement planning instruments that have many benefits and can play a vital role in your retirement income plan. EMS Financial in Fairfax offers a variety of retirement instruments to help you reach your goals. We believe in creating a well diversified portfolio to fit your current stage in life. We offer free consultations with one of our experienced investment advisors where we’ll review your current retirement strategy and help you set a path for the future. Contact us today to get started!